Hudson-Chatham Winery Seeks Assistant Vineyard Manager/Assistant Winemaker
Hours: 20+ hrs. per week, year-round position
Wages: commensurate with experience and education
Start date: ASAP
· pruning and tying
· shoot thinning, leaf pulling, shoot positioning
· weeding, mowing, transplanting, seasonal care
· sampling for nutrient levels
· integrated pest management-- scouting, making recommendations, spraying and maintaining spray schedule
· keeping detailed vineyard records
· maintaining vineyard-related equipment
· overseeing barrel room and winery production area, assisting with wine operation duties, including bottling, wine transfers, filtration, additions, winery sanitation, etc.
· performing laboratory analysis as needed in the winery
· assisting with tasting room sales, festivals, etc.
· 1 or more years experience in vineyard and winery operations
· 2 or more years formal education or training in viticulture and enology
· willingness to learn new equipment and techniques
· ability to work unsupervised
· excellent organizational skills
· ability to lift 50 lbs.