Tuesday, November 03, 2009

HUDSON-CHATHAM WINERY
FEATURED IN
EDIBLE MANHATTAN


Edible Manhattan Nov/Dec 2009
Available on News Stands Now!
Amy Zavatto wrote the story.
Behind the Bottle, Back to the Land to Make Baco
Hudson-Chatham Winery 2007 Baco Noir Reserve, $19.

From the article:
“When I opened this bottle, my husband’s cousin, Alessandro, was visiting from Lombardy, Italy; he grew up helping his dad press, ferment and fill bottle after bottle of rustic reds, so I was curious to see what he’d think. We sat at the dining room table, popped the cork and sipped. ‘You know,’ he said, ‘it really reminds me of a Barbera,’ and I immediately understood what he meant.” With its zippy acidity and medium-light body, DeVito’s 2007 baco noir carries aromas of blackberry and black cherry, and has a wild, brambly quality that added a rustic edge, making me hanker for a long-simmered, tomato-y veal stew.

Read the whole thing at:
http://www.ediblemanhattan.com/november/december-2009/behind-the-bottle.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home