Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WHY WINE BLOG's Joe Shico
Talks About EMPIR RED
Regional Wine Week
Sunday, October 17, 2010
by Joe Shico

"Last year during regional wine week, I was able to taste (and consume a bit) some of my favorite wines from the nearby Finger Lakes. This year, although I planned for more, did not turn out as well as I would have liked. A bit under the weather and a big change in my drinking habits, because of my recent heart surgery, I was still planning on tasting some wines from some of the other regions in New York....


"The big surprise, at least for me, was a wine from the Hudson Valley region. This one I was not expecting much, but the Empire Red from the Hudson-Chatham winery was a hit. A blend of Finger Lakes Cabernet Franc, Long Island Merlot and Hudson Valley Baco Noir delivered pleasant aromas, a very nice mouth and a long, dry, fruit filled and smooth finish."

Thanks Joe!

Read Joe's whole post at:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home