Saturday, March 07, 2015

Kevin Zraly, the Guinness Book of World Records, and Hudson-Chatham Baco Noir Old Vines


Largest BYOB Party Ever, James Beard Awards, Kevin Zraly
by Susannah Gold
Avvinare May 10, 2011


Last night the James Beard Awards were held in New York City. Many of the wine and food luminaries were of course in attendance, those getting awards and those merely watching the festivities. I really like this article in The Atlantic about the Awards.

For those of us who were not invited or prize winners, one had to celebrate in other ways. Luckily, my friend Eric Orange of Local Wine Events invited me to Kevin Zraly’s after party which was billed as the largest BYOB party.
I am not sure how many people where there but it seemed like a rockin’ crowd to me. I saw many of the wine world luminaries I know and some I do not. Kevin won the Lifetime Achievement award for his work in the field. Hats off to him. I have sat in on many of his classes and enjoy his enthusiasm and warmth, verve and energy when teaching. Many of his former colleagues from Windows on The World were in attendance which was very touching.
Hudson Chatham Baco Noir
Everyone brought a wine to the event. I tasted a number of wines including some that I had never tried such as a Baco Noir from the Hudson-Chatham Winery. I was favorably surprised.


To read the rest, go here.....
http://avvinare.com/2011/05/10/largest-byob-party-ever-james-beard-awards-kevin-zraly/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home