Sunday, November 23, 2008

BOB BARLETT OF BARTLETT MAINE ESTATE WINERY VISITS
THE HUDSON-CHATHAM WINERY


Bob and Kathe Bartlett are proprietors and vintners of Bartlett Maine Estate Winery. Just this Friday, Bob abd Kathe stoppped by the Hudson-Chatham Winery to pay a visit. It was my first time meeting Bob, who is one of the greatest winemakers on the entire eastcoast, and would be a national treasure if he were living in France or Belgium for the incredible fruit wines he makes. I have been writing about Bob for almost a decade, but this was the first time I had ever met him, and it was a huge thrill.

The only sad part was that he was just pasingthrough quickly, and I had a conference call I had to make. So our visit was cut ultra short. I really hope he come back some time soon, or that we make it to Maine sometime soon.

Either way, it was a major trip to meet Bob and Lathe. I was so thrilled. Theyw ere very nice and unassumign folk. I could have talked with them over wine for hours.

Ah, well.

Bob abd Kathe, thanks forcoming by. Now it's our turn to visit you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lilly said...

I think Steve might have a future in another field-as a rapper (okay a middle aged, gray haired, lawyer with no rythmn) rapper but hey...

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home